THE ART OF DECORATIVE CONCRETE FINISHES
We Have the Supplies You Need for Crown moulding Installation
If you’re a contractor or homeowner in the El Paso area in need of great quality crown mouldings for your home or place of business, look no further than FN Decorative Concrete.
We have a large variety of styles and colors at affordable rates. If you need suggestions or advice on installation, we can offer you our recommendations based on our years of experience of providing supplies to major contractors.
Complete the Look of Your Home or Business
If you’ve ever seen “before and after” pictures of home renovations, then you know that small changes can make a major impact on the overall appearance of a room. It could be repainting the walls, updating the floor, adding a coat to the concrete, or installing new crown mouldings. mouldings are decorative but also help keep out insects and protect the floor or walls.
Other general uses of crown moulding include:
- Capping walls, ceilings, cabinets, and pilasters
- Cornicing assemblies of doors and windows
Mouldings to Meet Your Size and Style Preferences
The majority of crown mouldings are made of wood or synthetic material that make it easy to paint and coat. Depending on the style and location of application, certain materials are more well-suited for specific areas.
Here are examples of some of the materials and their uses:
- Plaster: Good for an interior with elaborate style. Plaster crown is made to order and is one of the more expensive options.
- Solid wood: Wood is perfect for those who want to incorporate natural tones and warmth into the design and feel of the home.
- Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF): This type of mould is ideal for rooms where the trim is painted. The designs are often intricate with curves and ridges that add character to the room.
- Polyurethane: For a material softer than wood, polyurethane is an excellent option because it’s lightweight and takes paints very easily.
- Flex: If you have a wall or floor with curves, then flex moulds are the way to go. The material is rubbery, making it easy to curve and adjust according to the area of application.
- Polystyrene: Without using any power tools, polystyrene moulds can be applied to walls or areas that need a quick update. The material is so easy to cut, you can use a knife or pair of scissors.
At FN Decorative Concrete, we also carry foam crown moulding options, which are easy to use and involve minimal to zero tools.